Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beginning of the Trip

I leave in 5 days for South Africa on my exchange trip. I'll be at Rhodes University until November, but I probably won't post that much on this blog until I actually get there and can take some pictures. Here's my flight itinerary:

Sunday, July 13, 2008
Delta Air Lines # 5454

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson ATL (ATL) to New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)
Departure: (ATL): July 13, 8:40 AM EDT (morning)
Arrival: (JFK): July 13, 11:08 AM EDT (morning)
Class: Economy

Sunday, July 13, 2008
Delta Air Lines # 128

New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) to Dakar Yoff (DKR)
Departure: (JFK): July 13, 3:55 PM EDT (afternoon)
Arrival: (DKR): July 14, 4:05 AM GMT (morning)
Class: Economy

Monday, July 14, 2008
Delta Air Lines # 128

Dakar Yoff (DKR) to Cape Town International (CPT)
Departure: (DKR): July 14, 5:40 AM GMT (morning)
Arrival: (CPT): July 14, 3:55 PM SAST (afternoon)
Class: Economy

Monday, July 14, 2008
South African Airways # 1391
Operated by: SOUTH AFRICAN EXPRESS -- XZ 1391 - Please check in with the operating carrier

Cape Town International (CPT) to Port Elizabeth (PLZ)
Departure: (CPT): July 14, 5:30 PM SAST (evening)
Arrival: (PLZ): July 14, 6:40 PM SAST (evening)
Class: Economy

I will then travel via van from Port Elizabeth to Grahamstown, a ride of about 90 minutes. This brings the total travel time to about 30 hours. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

patricia said...

Hey Will. We miss you already! Hope you arrive safely in Grahamstown. We have a webcam now so we can talk to you.

Love
mom and molly

William said...

Hey Will. I was glad to hear that you arrived safe. How was the unexpected overnight stay in Capetown? Judy and I were jealous as we put you on the plane. We wish that we had been going with you. Love, Dad

William said...

Hey Will: We will come at you like a mighty bazooka unless you post here this weekend! Love, Kiep and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Will! We love you and miss you! I bet you will have fun taking all those classes that I have no idea to pronounce! Hehehehehehe! Have fun in Africa!

Love you!
Molly